Spain Photography Tips: Doorways
Spain travelers will pass through them all day long, but many overlook the great photo opportunities that doorways offer.
When looking for Spain photo opportunities, think about the many shapes and sizes:
- historic building entrances with ornate doors
- old church and hotel doorways
- doorways of people’s homes
- restaurant and store doorways
- police station and public service building doorways
- commercial office building doorways
- people and animals standing in doorways
Consider taking pictures around a theme and making a picture collection. Fun can be had taking pictures of church doorways in every town in Spain you visit. Then, when you get home and print out the photos, think about the possibilities for photo collages.
Use your camera to tell a story
What’s behind the door? This Costa del Sol doorway is wrapped in vegetation. Green and white tile line the floor and creep up the wall. Plants hang from the ceiling inside.
Strike a pose
Posing with doorways offers another way to have fun with the camera.
Stand in front of the doorway at the Alhambra in Granada, Spain:
Finding a new way to use a doorway: